- Code BIAN6515
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Archaeology and Anthropology
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Biological Anthropology
- Areas of interest Anthropology
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Dr Marc Oxenham
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- meet the stipulated course aims
- become familiar and comfortable with a broad sample of scholarship in this disciplinary area
- augment the student's the ability to think critically about basic assumptions and conceptual frameworks in this field
- develop skills in oral presentations, including debate, and in writing
Indicative AssessmentForensic excavation/crime scene management report (50%), essay and literature based research (50%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload2 hours of lectures and one hour of laboratory each week (may be in block form).
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 2
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|3325||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person|