- Code NSPO8020
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by ANU National Security College
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject National Security Policy
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Dr Jennifer Hunt
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2017
See Future Offerings
This course aims to develop an understanding of different research approaches and methodologies for students to prepare for their own research projects. The course will assist students in identifying their own research questions, select and identify research approaches and methods of inquiry, develop arguments and present their results.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Formulate their own research question and chose a research design to examine that question
2. Undertake critical evaluations of methodological issues and problems
3. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of commonly used methodological tools
4. Understand a variety of approaches to research
Indicative Assessment1. Research proposal 500 20% (LO 1)
2. Short assignment 2,500 50% (LO 2,3)
3. In-class test 3,000 30% (LO 2,3,4)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|3640||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||In Person|