- Code ENVS2001
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Fenner School of Environment and Society
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Environmental Science
- Areas of interest Earth and Marine Sciences, Environmental Science , Forest Science and Management , Resource and Environmental Management , Biodiversity Conservation
Learning OutcomesOn satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. describe the key biophysical attributes of ecosystems
2. demonstrate an understanding of the complex linkages and between environmental and biological features in ecosystems
3. demonstrate a capacity to effectively interpret and communicate key information about ecosystems to a range of audiences
Indicative Assessment1. Practical exercises (25%) [LO 1,2]
2. Research report (30%) [LO 1,2,3]
3. Poster (15%) [LO 2,3]
4. Exam (30%) [LO 1,2]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadA total of 130 hours, including 60 contact hours comprising lectures, tutorials, practicals and field trips and up to 70 hours of self study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsThere is no prescribed text. Reading material will be provided throughout the course.
Assumed KnowledgeCompletion of ENVS1003 Introduction to Environmental and Social Research and/or ENVS1004 Australia's Environment is strongly recommended prior to taking this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 2
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|9100||24 Jul 2017||31 Jul 2017||31 Aug 2017||27 Oct 2017||In Person|