- Code POGO8080
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Crawford School of Public Policy
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Policy and Governance
- Areas of interest Policy Studies
- Academic career Postgraduate
- EmPr Keith Houghton
- Mode of delivery In Person
Summer Session 2018
See Future Offerings
Classes will be held on February 5, 6, 7, 9, 12 from 9:00am - 5:00pm in Brindabella Theatre + SR4 - 6.
The course provides a user perspective on the role of financial reporting and analysis of organisations in a public sector context and budgeting with such organizations. Through a series of seminars, case studies and exercises, you will acquire confidence in using the concepts and vocabulary of accounting and finance and an ability to analyse organisational performance and resource allocation. You will become familiar with the format and use of financial statements and the role of accounting in making decisions.
Learning OutcomesOn completion of the course, students will be able:
1. To have an understanding of the terminology and concepts in financial reporting and budgeting of both public and private sector entities;
2. To effectively review and evaluate financial information provided in published financial statements;
3. To explain the methods of certain accounting policy choices;
4. To be able to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information in key financial decision-making;
5. To understand the fundamentals of nature of costs within entities;
6. To understand the basics of an entity's budgeting process and budget outcomes
Quiz 20%, Assignments 80%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|1491||01 Feb 2018||05 Feb 2018||09 Feb 2018||14 Mar 2018||In Person|