- Code STST2004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Strategic Studies
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Mode of delivery In Person
Students are invited to undertake a special topic course in Asia-Pacific Security. This topic will be delivered by international experts in security studies in the Asia-Pacific and will allow students to investigate security issues not covered in-depth in their core studies.
Students who successfully complete this course should be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the chosen topic.
- Express an understanding of the security challenges of relevance to the Asia-Pacific region.
- Demonstrate an insight into the particularities of the security challenges facing states in the region.
- Conduct scholarly research, express ideas and construct evidence-based arguments.
- Tutorial participation & assessments 10%
- Short written assignment 25%
- Research essay 40%
- Final take-home examination 25%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
36 contact hours per semester.
A 2-hour lecture session per week for 12 weeks, a 1-hour tutorial per week for 12 weeks.
Electronic copies of chosen readings will be provided to each student.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.