- Length 2 year full-time
- Minimum 96 Units
- Academic plan MINPP
- CRICOS code 092938K
- UAC code
Field of Education
- Mixed Field Programmes not els
The Master of Innovation and Professional Practice (MIPP) is for students from any discipline who want to change the world.
The program builds upon ANU Vice Chancellor’s courses to prepare students from all disciplines with the knowledge, skills and confidence required to achieve great things in our uncertain, but exciting world of rapid technological, economic, environmental and social change.
The program is multidisciplinary in enrollment, content and teaching, and provides students with extensive opportunities to learn by working in multidisciplinary teams on complex real-world challenges and opportunities with business, the innovation eco-system, government, NGOs and the broader community.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
<p>This program is available for applications to commence from</p> First Semester, 2017
Upon successful completion of a Master of Innovation and Professional Practice, graduates will be able to:
- an advanced understanding of the systems context in which complex challenges and opportunities emerge including environmental, economic, political, social, safety, historical, sustainability and ethical aspects;
- the ability to use appropriate research methods and exercise critical thinking and professional judgement to select, adapt and apply appropriate knowledge, practices and tools to make sense of, and address complex problems and opportunities in a broad range of contexts;
- an advanced understanding and practical experience of operating within the innovation ecosystem;
- the ability to learn quickly, adapt and innovate in new and complex environments;
- the ability to lead and work effectively in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and distributed teams;
- the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively with diverse audiences using a range of modalities;
- the ability to act in a professional and ethical manner; and
- a capacity for lifelong learning.
A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
All applicants must meet the University’s English Language Admission Requirements for Students
Applicants with a Bachelor Degree or Graduate Certificate in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 24 units (one semester) of credit.
Applicants with a Graduate Diploma or Honours in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 48 units (one year) of credit.
- Annual indicative fee for domestic students
For more information see: http://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/costs-fees
- Annual indicative fee for international students
ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
For further information see the Scholarships website.
The Master of Innovation and Professional Practice requires completion of 96 units, which must consist of:
24 units from completion of the following introductory graduate coursework component:
18 units from completion of the following compulsory courses:
6 units from completion of a research methods course from the following list:
ENVS6014 Qualitative Research Methods for Sustainability
ENVS6103 Introduction to Environmental and Social Research
HUMN6003 Digital Humanities: Methods and Practices
MGMT8006 Management Research Methods
MGMT8018 Qualitative Research Methods
MGMT8019 Quantitative Research Methods
POPH8315 Methods in Applied Epidemiological Research
SOCY8101 Social Research Theory and Design
STAT6006 Marketing Research Methods
36 units from completion of the following compulsory courses:
12 units from completion of breadth courses from the following list:
VCPG6200 Innovation Internship (6-12 units)
Any 8000-level course offered by an ANU college
24 units from elective courses offered by ANU