- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Design
- Specialisation code DESN-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
Digital + Material
Innovation + Engagement
We offer a unique Design specialisation to give you an introductory understanding of the area that is also a pathway to a Masters degree in the discipline.
This specialisation enables students to develop digital literacy and material knowledge by focusing on cutting-edge practice at the intersection of material and digital domains. A flexible structure allows students to bring together digital and material practices, in ways that broaden and deepen their skills, knowledge and design agility.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- develop practice-led methodologies through investigation, analysis and synthesis of complex information to plan and execute design research projects;
- generate, develop and evaluate complex ideas and concepts using critical, technical and creative skills through design projects;
- critically reflect upon
and evaluate theoretical, conceptual and aesthetic aspects of design; and
- research, design and develop projects that offer innovative conceptual and practical propositions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
6 units from completion of theory courses from the following list:
18 units from completion of courses from the following list:
ARTV6057 Hands On: Material Language
DESA6017 Multiples and Production: The Unique Offering
DESN6001 Digital Form and Fabrication
DESN6002 Foundations of Creative Code
DESN6006 Front-End Web: Crafting Online Experience
DESN8001 Design inquiry: Application of Research