- Code DESA2105
- Unit Value 12 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Design Art
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
A single project, running for the duration of the semester will be developed in consultation with staff, implemented and presented as a prototype, series of models and/ or a design proposal presentation. Occupational health and safety instruction is an integral part of this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- plan and execute a design-based project
- demonstrate a high level of skill in the application of new technologies and practical processes
- effectively interpret, communicate and present ideas suited to the project through integration of concepts and processes
- demonstrate expanded awareness of historical and theoretical contexts for art and design practice
- consider their own work in relation to broader cultural contexts
- show familiarity with research methodologies
Portfolio of studio work (80%) [Learning Outcomes 1 – 6]
Journal/Documentation/Studio Theory presentation (20%) [Learning Outcomes 2 - 6]
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
12 hours per week lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice and 6 hours per week independent studio practice.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2614||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|