- Code ACST4061
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Actuarial Studies
- Areas of interest Actuarial Studies
* quantitative risk modelling and risk aggregation tools and techniques
* different risk measures
* the use of models in the ERM decision-making process, and
* methods and techniques for assessing and evaluating market risk, credit risk, operational and other risks.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe in detail the properties and limitations of common risk measures.
- Explain how models can be used in the ERM decision-making process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and be able to explain the different quantitative techniques for modelling and measuring risk including risk aggregation methods, statistical distributions, copulas, time series techniques, and extreme value theory.
- Recommend and communicate appropriate models for risk assessment based on quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Assess and explain the different types of risk within an organisation including: market risk, credit risk, operational and other risks.
This subject, in conjunction with ACST4060/ACST8060 provides the opportunity for exemption from Module 1 of the Part III academic requirements of the Actuaries Institute. Such exemption depends on the grades attained over both subjects.
- Typical assessment may include, but is not restricted to: exams, assignments, quizzes, presentations and other assessment as appropriate (100) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students are expected to commit 130 hours of work in completing this course. This includes time spent in scheduled classes and self-directed study time
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8227||27 Jul 2020||03 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||N/A|