- Code ARTV2057
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts
This course is designed for students who wish to blend related areas of creative studio production across visual art. Participants will work in a cross-disciplinary approach whilst learning in-depth, studio focused techniques. This is a topic-based course, with a menu of disciplinary pairings. Students will bring their own ideas to each area and the course will provide an environment where participants can develop studio skills whilst also developing critical reflection and contextual awareness within each area of creative expression. Workplace health and safety (WHS) instruction is integrated throughout the syllabus.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Develop and apply skills demonstrated within set projects.
- Interrogate relevant processes and be able to direct these towards self-initiated ideas.
- Respond and develop works around concept and process.
- Actively apply historical and theoretical contexts within personal work.
Indicative AssessmentPortfolio of Studio Work (80%) Learning Outcomes 1-4
Journal/Documentation (10%) Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4
Participation (10%) Learning Outcomes 1-4
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact comprising lectures, demonstrations and supervised studio practice
b) 82 hours of independent student research and independent studio practice.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|Silk Screen & Digital Print|
|7493||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||31 Aug 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||N/A|