- Code ARTV2723
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
See https://www.anu.edu.au/covid-19-advice. This course includes on campus/in person activities that cannot be adjusted for remote participants.
Screen printing has described the modern world since this commercial process was embraced and expanded by artists in the 1960s. In this course students extend their knowledge of autographic and photographic screen printing techniques. Students will explore independent areas of interest in the studio by experimenting with materials and processes whilst investigating historical and contemporary art practices and concepts relevant to their project and the medium. Work health and safety (WHS) instruction is an integral component of this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate an understanding of a range of techniques relevant to screen printing in response to set tasks;
- independently explore the potential of material/s in screen printing;
- experiment with the application of concepts and processes in screen printing; and
- critically engage with the historical and theoretical context of screen printing.
Other InformationSchool of Art & Design studio courses have a limited enrolment capacity. Students are advised to enrol as early as possible to maximise the opportunity of securing a place.
- Portfolio of studio work (80) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Documentation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Oral Presentation, 5 minutes (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up of:
a. 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks comprising lectures, tutorials, critiques, and supervised studio practice; and
b. 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.