- Code ARTV6028
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Visual Arts
This course usually takes the form of an internship that must be negotiated with the course convenor, and attendance at weekly tutorials throughout the semester. Enrolment in this course is subject to the approval of the course convenor and an agreed internship placement, negotiated between student, convenor and host organisation.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Demonstrate the capacity to work under direction in a professional work environment.
2. Reflect on and discuss your own learning as it relates to the subject matter of the internship.
3. Present written and oral arguments demonstrating critical reflection of student’s own learning experience in the workplace.
4. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the moral, legal and professional framework of the host organisation as it applies to employees and the organisation's stakeholders.
5. Demonstrate the capacity to plan and propose a project to be carried out under supervision in the workplace.
Indicative AssessmentTutorial presentation including submission of PowerPoint Slides/presentation notes, 12 minutes (20%) Learning Outcomes 3,5
Research paper proposal, 1000 words (20%) Learning Outcomes 2-4
Research paper, 3000 words (40%) Learning Outcomes 1,2,4,5
Workplace project proposal, 1000 words (20%) Learning Outcomes 4,5
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 12 hours of tutorials over 12 weeks;
b) 70 hours of internship placement; and
c) 48 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Art and Design to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Preliminary ReadingPreliminary readings will be posted to the course Wattle site
Indicative readings will be posted to the course Wattle site
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4365||22 Feb 2021||01 Mar 2021||31 Mar 2021||28 May 2021||In Person||N/A|