- Code ARTV6510
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Creative Arts
This course involves developing useful forms of critical analysis, reflection and discussion based around studio practice, including group studio crits, student to student interviews, silent reviews, reading and discussion groups and critical engagement with issues such as professional presentation of work, installation and exhibition design.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Plan, manage and mount a sustained studio project.
- Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the terminology, principles and critical issues of contemporary painting.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically and constructively reflect on their studio practice and its relationship to the broader field of contemporary visual arts practice.
- Apply analytical principles to the discussion of paintings formally, materially and conceptually and how these principles can be used to further develop studio practice.
Two seminar presentations, 15 minutes each (2 x 40%) Learning Outcomes 2-4
Research, visual diary with a 1000 word critical reflection (20%) Learning Outcomes 1-4
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact comprising lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice (a total of 4 hours contact per teaching week)
b) 82 hours of independent studio practice
Requisite and Incompatibility
Students must have developed an independent study proposal for their studio practice and have an ongoing body of work for exhibition and review during this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4519||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||31 Mar 2020||29 May 2020||In Person||N/A|