This course has been adjusted for remote participation in Semester 1 2021 due to COVID-19 restrictions. On-campus activities may also be available.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Develop students' capacity to see current and historical structures in the international order in comparative perspective.
- Deepen empirical knowledge of the past and its patterns as a basis for citizenship.
- Enhance their analytical, research and writing skills.
- Improve their academic communication skills through discussion, book review and essay writing.
- Apply historical analyses to produce extended arguments.
- Obtain critical skills in the identification and use of historical sources
This is a co-taught course. Any cap on enrolments in one course applies to both courses combined.
- Book report presentation (5) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
- Book review (600 words) (10) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
- Participation (10) [LO 1]
- Examination (1 hour) (students to answer 4 of 10 short-answer questions) (25) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
- Essay (3000 words) (50) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
The total workload for the course is 130 hours including independent study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3526||20 Feb 2023||27 Feb 2023||31 Mar 2023||26 May 2023||In Person||N/A|