- Code ENGN4516
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Engineering
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Engineering
- Areas of interest Engineering, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Engineering
Learning OutcomesOn successful completion of this course, students should have the skills and knowledge to:
- Develop using systematic engineering methods sustainable solutions to problems related to the utilization of renewable energy.
- Engage in independent research and investigation in problems related to the utilization of renewable energy.
- Identify and critically evaluate current developments and emerging trends within the field of renewable energy technologies.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of levelised cost of electricity, the performance of renewable energy technologies and storage and the use of appropriatemeasurement units.
- Communicate effectively to non-technical audiences in oral and written form.
- Develop a personal, quantified, well-argued view of possible energy futures.
- Work effectively and proactively within teams, demonstrating autonomy, ethical conduct, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility to achieve engineering outcomes at a high standard.
Professional Skills Mapping:
Mapping of Learning Outcomes to Assessment and Professional Competencies
- Reports (30%);
- Group Project (40%);
- Final exam (30%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 2
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|7651||22 Jul 2019||29 Jul 2019||31 Aug 2019||25 Oct 2019||In Person|