- Code HUMN6001
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Humanities and the Arts
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Humanities
- Areas of interest English, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Digital Arts, Digital Humanities, Literature
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- interpret, analyse and discuss the history of and major recent theoretical developments in the interdisciplinary field of digital humanities;
- analyse and discuss the impact of digital technologies on research in the humanities and in connection to research collections;
- situate research interests within the larger context of digital humanities theories, practices and projects; and
- examine, evaluate and prototype digital humanities projects.
- Individual project - Part of midterm assessment (10) [LO 2,3,4]
- Report on the individual project, maximum 1,500 words - Part of midterm assessment (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Group Task Prototype build - Part of final assessment (40) [LO 2,3,4]
- Presentation (Pecha-Kucha presentation 6min 40sec) - Part of final assessment (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Project exegesis, maximum 2000 words - Part of final assessment (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 36 hours of contact over 12 weeks: 12 hours of lectures and 24 hours of tutorials; and b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsOnline reading brick.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8424||22 Jul 2019||29 Jul 2019||31 Aug 2019||25 Oct 2019||In Person||N/A|