- Code LAWS8308
- Unit Value 12 units
- Offered by ANU School of Legal Practice
- ANU College ANU College of Law
- Course subject Laws
- Areas of interest Law, Legal Practice
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
A research paper of 12,000 - 16,000 words in length on an approved topic in Legal Practice. The topic must be approved by the MLP Program Director and the appointed supervisor in consultation.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Apply advanced specialised knowledge and research skills to undertake an in-depth, critical analysis with respect to the area of law relevant to the topic;
- Identify, analyse and reflect upon a complex body of knowledge in the area of law relevant to the topic;
- Critically reflect upon and synthesise complex information, issues, concepts and theories as they apply in the area of law relevant to the topic chosen; and
- Apply advanced knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a researcher.
The GRU is worth 12 units and involves the completion of a 12000-16000 word research thesis
If you wish to undertake a Graduate Research Unit, please note that the application process has changed.
Please go to the ANU College of Law website for information and the application form https://law.anu.edu.au/graduate-research-unit
- The GRU requires a research paper of between 12,000 and 16,000 words in length. (null) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
It is expected that a student would need to spend approximately 20 hours a week on this project or equivalent time over the period. There are no formal classes.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the ANU School of Legal Practice to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
A student requires
a Distinction average (70%) in a minimum of 12 units of Legal Practice courses
in the Master of Legal Practice (MLP).
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.