- Code RUSS1004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Russian
- Areas of interest International Relations, Asian Studies, Central Asia Studies, European Studies, Language Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Ksenia Gnevsheva
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2023
See Future Offerings
In this second introductory course students continue to develop basic listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in the Russian language. Students are introduced to further aspects of life and culture of the Russian-speaking societies. The course incorporates principles of communicative and task-based language teaching.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- engage in simple communication of predictable content in spoken and written Russian about topics covered in the course;
- read and understand more complex texts;
- listen to/watch and understand more complex audio and video extracts; and
- demonstrate an understanding of further aspects of life and culture of the Russian speaking societies, including basic principles of culturally appropriate Russian language use.
- Homework and participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Assessment 1 (may include an oral and written component) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Assessment 2 (may include an oral and written component) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Assessment 3 (may include an oral and written component) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks, including recorded/online and tutorial activities,
b) 82 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Students should have an assumed language proficiency equivalent to the successful completion of RUSS1003.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5890||24 Jul 2023||31 Jul 2023||31 Aug 2023||27 Oct 2023||In Person||N/A|