- Code FREN3021
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject French
- Areas of interest Cultural Studies, European Languages, European Studies, Language Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This special topics course invites students of advanced French to reflect critically on historical and sociocultural aspects of France, the Francophone world, and the French language through texts and materials from a variety of sources. The medium of instruction and assessment will be French. Specific topics covered will vary.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- critically analyse primary texts, especially in terms of their aesthetic, linguistic, and sociohistorical elements;
- compare and contextualise viewpoints in French;
- formulate, present, and evaluate an original argument in French; and
- engage in critical dialogue with classmates in French.
- Presentation (approximately 10 minutes) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Written tasks (3500 words) (60) [LO 1,2,3]
- Participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 36 hours of contact over 12 weeks, and b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.