- Code FREN6510
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject French
- Areas of interest Cultural Studies, European Languages, European Studies, Language Studies
This special topics course invites students of advanced French to reflect critically on historical and sociocultural aspects of France, the Francophone world, and the French language through in-depth analysis of texts and materials from a variety of sources. The medium of instruction and assessment will be French. Specific topics covered will vary.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Carry out in-depth critical analysis of primary texts, especially in terms of their aesthetic, linguistic, and sociohistorical elements.
- Compare and contextualise complex viewpoints in French.
- Formulate, present, and evaluate sophisticated and original arguments in French.
- Engage in extensive critical dialogue with classmates in French.
Indicative AssessmentAt least two pieces of written work totalling 6000 words [Learning Outcomes 1-4]
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of contact over 12 weeks: 36 hours of class time per week, and
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|Advanced French Language Skills|
|8297||27 Jul 2020||03 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||N/A|