Master of International Management
A single two year postgraduate award offered by the ANU College of Business and Economics
Master of International Management2 Years 96 Units MIMGT
The Master of International Management program equips graduates and professionals from any discipline to become evidence-based decision makers, innovative problem solvers, responsible social citizens, and future leaders. The program provides specialised knowledge and skills in the area of international business, and can be tailored to include another specialisation (in different discipline) or personal choice of studies via the ANU wide electives.
In a typical first semester, students will study four courses (Management Core) that provide a common foundation for all Research School of Management (RSM) postgraduate coursework programs. This common core will enable students within RSM to have a broad understanding of key management discipline areas that will support future studies towards a wide range of potential career paths. The common core also provides scope for students to transition between programs (if desired).
This is then followed by further specialisations:
- Management Essentials that provides a coherent body of knowledge of leadership, change management, organisational behaviour, entrepreneurship, innovation, and strategy.
- International Business that provides an overview of the principal issues and considerations in the growth and functioning of international businesses. The courses develop skills and competencies in international business relating to the international business environment, as well as strategic management, societal business systems, marketing and human resource management.
Industry placements via the CBE Internship courses are also available.
Research School of Management graduates complete their studies having demonstrated all the attributes of:
- Evidence-based thought leaders
- Innovators and pioneers
- Collaborative problem solvers
- Responsive and resilient professionals
- Effective communicators
- Internationally informed managers
- Ethical and responsible decision makers
- Professionals with technical business competencies