- Total units 24 Units
- Minor code PHSF-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
This minor contains foundational courses that provide the basis for further, more in-depth studies in Engineering and for specialisation (through choice of appropriate major) in Photonic Systems.
This minor is not available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (R&D) programs
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. be able to apply physics principles to the solution of problems, including complex problems, and to the conduct of experiments.
2. be able to model physical systems as damped, driven and coupled harmonic oscillators.
3. identify and understand the kinds of experimental results which are incompatible with classical physics and which required the development of a quantum theory of matter and light.
4. understand the role of uncertainty in quantum physics, and use the commutation relations of operators to determine whether or not two physical properties can be simultaneously measured.
5. identify and apply appropriate theoretical techniques to solve a range of different problems in electromagnetism.
The minor requires completion of 24 units which must include:
6 units from completion of a course from the following list:
18 units from completion of the following courses:Back to the top