NOTE: ANU is not currently accepting applications into this program. Students who had received and accepted offers for admission will be able to commence in 2019.
The Master of Studies is an exit qualification only. It provides a flexible option for ANU students who require an early or different exit point from a single or Double Masters Degree or Master (Advanced) degree.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
- understand an advanced body of theoretical and applied topics;
- apply advanced skills in analysis, critical evaluation, and/or professional functions to solve complex problems;
- demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of advanced knowledge and skills to new situations; and
- communicate complex knowledge, ideas, and solutions to problems to both specialists and non-specialists.
Inherent RequirementsDeliberately blank - SAS migration 22/11/2018
The Master of Studies is an exit award only.
To use the Master of Studies as an exit a student must:
- have completed 96 units of 6000-level, 7000-level, and 8000-level courses towards an ANU Master or Master Advanced program, of which
- a maximum of 36 units must be from courses from the graduate classification: Transitional,
- a minimum of 36 units must be from completion of courses from the following graduate classifications:
- Specialist, and
- a minimum of 12 units must be from courses from the graduate classification: Research;
- and must successfully apply to transfer those 96 units into the Master of Studies.
- Annual indicative fee for domestic students
For more information see: http://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/costs-fees
- Annual indicative fee for international students
ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
For further information see the Scholarships website.
The Master of Studies requires the completion of 96 units, of which:
96 units must come from 6000-level, 7000-level and 8000-level courses
The 96 units must consist of:
A maximum of 36 units from courses from the graduate classification: Transitional
A minimum of 36 units from completion of courses from the following graduate classifications:
A minimum of 12 units from courses from the graduate classification: Research