- Length 1.5 year full-time
- Minimum 72 Units
- Academic plan MBADM
- Post Nominal MBusAdmin
- CRICOS code 091188G
- UAC code
Mode of delivery
- In Person
Field of Education
- Business Management
- Academic contact
The Master of Business Administration requires the completion of 72 units, which must consist of:
72 units from completion of the following compulsory courses:
BUSI7280 - Managing in a Global Context (6 units)
BUSN8181 - Financial Reporting and Analysis (6 units)
ECON8077 - Economics for Leaders (6 units)
FINM7046 - Finance for Business (6 units)
MGMT7020 - Technology and Project Management (6 units)
MGMT7250 - Evidence-Based Management (6 units)
MGMT8003 - Organisational Behaviour (6 units)
MGMT8007 - Evidence-Based Decision-Making and Practice in Organisations Capstone (6 units)
MGMT8015 - Entrepreneurship and Innovation (6 units)
MGMT8022 - Strategic Management (6 units)
MGMT8270 - Leading People and Change (6 units)
MKTG7001 - Marketing for Leaders (6 units)
|Year 1 48 units||BUSI7280 Managing in a Global Context 6 units||MGMT7020 Technology and Project Management 6 units||MGMT7250 Evidence-Based Management 6 units||MKTG7001 Marketing for Leaders 6 units|
|MGMT8270 Leading People and Change 6 units||MGMT8015 Entrepreneurship and Innovation 6 units||MGMT8022 Strategic Management 6 units||MGMT8003 Organisational Behaviour 6 units|
|Year 2||BUSN8181 Financial Reporting and Analysis 6 units||ECON8077 Economics for Leaders 6 units||FINM7046 Finance for Business 6 units||MGMT8007 Evidence-Based Decision-Making and Practice in Organisations Capstone 6 units|
Academic achievement & English language proficiency
The minimum academic requirement to be considered for the ANU MBA is a completed Australian Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0.
Following qualifications/test are also accepted to meet academic requirements:
- A completed ANU Graduate Certificate of Management with minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0; or
- A minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of 600 or higher; or
- A successfully completed Evidence-Based Management EdX MicroMasters, achieving at least 70% in the final capstone exam.
In addition, the minimum requirement for professional work experience is 5 years, including at least 3 years documented management experience.
All applicants must meet the University’s English Language Admission Requirements for Students.
The Master of Business Administration program is highly competitive and has a limit on the number of enrolments in each academic year. Applicants will be initially assessed on the minimum criteria detailed above. Where an applicant meets the minimum criteria, they will then also be ranked based on the merit of their relative work experience, academic and/or GMAT results.
Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee a program offer.
As Australia’s national university, ANU is a global representative of Australian research and education. ANU endeavours to recruit and maintain a diverse and deliberate student cohort representative not only of Australia, but the world. In order to achieve these outcomes, competitive ranking of international applicants may be adjusted to ensure access to ANU is a reality for brilliant students from countries across the globe.
Assessment of qualifications
Unless otherwise indicated, ANU will accept all Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualifications or international equivalents that meet or exceed the published admission requirements of our programs, provided all other admission requirements are also met.
Where an applicant has more than one completed tertiary qualification, ANU will base assessment on the qualification that best meets the admission requirements for the program. Find out more about the Australian Qualifications Framework: www.aqf.edu.au
ANU uses a 7-point Grade Point Average (GPA) scale. All qualifications submitted for admission at ANU will be converted to this common scale, which will determine if an applicant meets our published admission requirements. Find out more about how a 7-point GPA is calculated for Australian universities: www.uac.edu.au/future-applicants/admission-criteria/tertiary-qualifications
Unless otherwise indicated, where an applicant has more than one completed tertiary qualification, ANU will calculate the GPA for each qualification separately. ANU will base assessment on the best GPA of all completed eligible tertiary qualifications of the same level or higher.
For the purposes of admission ‘cognate’ is to be defined as any of the following Fields of Education:
08 Management and Commerce
0803 Business and Management
0805 Sales and Marketing
0809 Office Studies
0811 Banking, Finance and related fields
0899 Other Management and Commerce
For more information, please refer to Fields of Education or contact the ANU College of Business & Economics.
Domestic Tuition Fees (DTF)
For more information see: http://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/costs-fees
- Annual indicative fee for international students
For further information on International Tuition Fees see: https://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/fees-payments/international-tuition-fees
All students are required to pay the Services and amenities fee (SA Fee)
The annual indicative fee provides an estimate of the program tuition fees for international students and domestic students (where applicable). The annual indicative fee for a program is based on the standard full-time enrolment load of 48 units per year (unless the program duration is less than 48 units). Fees for courses vary by discipline meaning that the fees for a program can vary depending on the courses selected. Course fees are reviewed on an annual basis and typically will increase from year to year. The tuition fees payable are dependent on the year of commencement and the courses selected and are subject to increase during the period of study.
For further information on Fees and Payment please see: https://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/fees-payments
ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
For further information see the Scholarships website.
Building upon management experience and prior learning, the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides middle managers with essential business and management knowledge and skills to move into senior management roles.
- Study in an exclusive program at the 1st ranked University in Australia and the 24th in the World (QS World University Rankings 2018/19).
- All applicants will be considered for the Research School of Management MBA Scholarships. The School offers up to 30 fee-waiver scholarships to attract high-calibre students into the MBA and MBA (Advanced) programs
- Be taught by world renowned scholars in the areas of evidence based management, international business, operational management, strategy, project management, information systems, change management, innovation and entrepreneurship, leadership and marketing. The Research School of Management is ranked 14th in the World in the area of “social science and management” in the 2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject, 1st in Australia for “business and economics” in 2018 THE Subject Rankings, and was rated equal best in Australia and “well above world standard” in the 2015 Excellence in Research Australia results.
- World’s first Evidence-Based management MBA program. All courses in the MBA have been redesigned to equip students with the skills to identify, evaluate and apply the best available evidence to inform more effective decision making.
- One February intake a year with MBA seminars and tutorials ranging in size between 20 and 50 students where quality interaction is possible.
- Finish in 1.5 years full-time or 3 years part-time (typically)
- Courses in the MBA are offered in the evening to cater for part-time students.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
Graduates from the Master of Business Administration are:
- Managers seeking promotion pathways to senior executive positions in private or public sectors, or non-government organisations
- Managers in the private or public sectors are challenged by the complexity of modern organisations and seek career changes within (e.g. specialist to management) or between organisations (e.g. public to the private sector)
- Entrepreneurs from a range of industries
- Professionals from diverse backgrounds needing management knowledge and skills to enhance their career prospects
- Management consultants seeking leading edge thinking on management practice policy advisers designing, implementing or evaluating policies
- Management, leadership, consultant, coordination or administration positions in areas such as sales, advertising, marketing, corporate services, tourism, hospitality, health, welfare, social services, administration, public relations, policy, planning, production, education services, customer services, facilities and construction.
Who go on to become:
- Chief Executive Officers in public or private sector
- SES (Senior Executive Services) in the Australian Public Service
- Company Directors
- Senior Managers
- Business Consultants
- and leaders in many other influential roles.
Evaluate and synthesise evidence to inform decision making
- Create opportunities and novel solutions to organisational challenges
- Work effectively with others to resolve challenges
- Adapt to complex and uncertain situations
- Engage, inform and influence stakeholders
- Incorporate the influence of a changing global environment
Demonstrate ethical behaviour and make principled decisions
- Integrate professional knowledge and skills from fellow middle managers
While the ANU MBA is undergoing a renewal exercise with stakeholders to develop an exciting new program, enrolments for 2023 have been paused until further notice.
Prospective students who are interested in Masters-level Management studies are encouraged to consider the following highly attractive alternatives:
- MMGNT - Master of Management - a 1 year (48 unit) program that focuses on Management and related discipline studies
- VMGNT - Master of Management (Advanced) - a 2 year (96 unit) program that focuses on Management and related discipline studies, with integrated research training and research thesis coursework.
- MIMGT - M International Management - a 2 year (96 unit) program that focuses on Management and International Business discipline studies
Employers who are seeking career advancement opportunities for their middle to senior-level managers are invited to be part of the renewal process by contacting the Research School of Management at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Back to the Master of Business Administration page
Building upon management experience and prior learning, the MBA program provides middle managers with essential business and management knowledge and skills to move into senior management roles.
About this degree
You will start this program by enrolling in the first set of courses listed under the Management Core Specialisation. Upon successful completion of these four courses, you will progress to the Management Essentials Specialisation courses. The final set of courses will be from the Business Essentials Specialisations. Further details are available on each specialisations' page.
Management Core Specialisation
Management Essentials Specialisation
Business Essentials Specialisation
If you are an international student, you are required to undertake 4
courses per semester (total of 24 units) and you will be able to
complete the program in 1.5 years. If you are a domestic student, you
will have up to 6 years to complete this degree.
If after reading through these guidelines you are unsure about your
which courses to enrol in, you can email email@example.com
Please refer to the CBE Fast Track page: