This course is an introductory course to Chinese-English translation. The course is intended to equip students with basic translation skills and to serve as a foundation course for more advanced Chinese-English translation courses.
Learning OutcomesOn the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Apply basic skills in translating from Chinese into English and vice versa;
2. Judge and critique the quality of an accomplished translation task;
3. Access and make use of frequently-used on line translation tools;
4. Demonstrate the ability to handle the practical task of translation.
Indicative Assessment1. Midterm exam 20% (Related learning outcomes: 1, 4);
2. Final exam 30% (Related learning outcomes: 1, 4);
3. Assignments 40% (Related Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4);
4. Participation 10% (Related Learning Outcomes: 1, 2).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Three contact hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Culture History and Language to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|2742||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person|