- Code ENVS8049
- Unit Value 6 to 12 units
- Offered by Fenner School of Environment and Society
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Environmental Science
- Areas of interest Resource Management and Environmental Science
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course ENVS3010
This course is currently not being offered.
This is a research-intensive course in which students undertake a self-directed research project under the guidance of a supervisor. It comprises a series of seminars on planning and conducting research, and on academic skills development. The majority of time is spent developing and implementing a research plan under the supervision of an academic member of staff.
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. explain and critique basic research theory and practice as it applies to topics related to environment and society
2. conduct independent research on a supervised topic, and present research contexts, methodologies and findings clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
3. engage in ethically-sound and professional research on topics related to environment and society.
Assessment will be based on:
- Research plan (required; LO 1)
- Oral presentations (10%; LO 1-3)
- Paper on research topic (90%; LO 1-3)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
For a 6 unit course, students are expected to devote at least ten hours per week to seminars and their research topic.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Fenner School of Environment and Society to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 2
- Unit value:
- 6 to 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.