- Code DESA1022
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Design Art
- Areas of interest Visual Arts, Design Arts, Creative Arts
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Mr Gilbert Riedelbauch
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2017
See Future Offerings
The course consists of several projects, each up to three weeks long, in which students explore and apply a range of skills and conceptual issues relevant to all visual and design arts disciplines. It provides a forum to develop more specialised work. Students focus on the development of two-dimensional and three-dimensional representation, dealing with issues such as the human form, the dynamics of colour, design, composition and pictorial space.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with a range of processes, material uses and material properties and indicate a developing understanding of relationships between these in making art
- Show familiarity with, and skill in, two and three-dimensional design and construction
- Show an understanding of relevant historical traditions and conventions across art areas, and their relevance to contemporary art/digital media/craft/design practice
- Demonstrate established observation and analytical skills of 2D and 3D form, anatomical study and composition, as well as imagination in execution of projects.
Portfolio of studio work (80%) [Learning Outcomes 1-4]
Journal/documentation (10%) [Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4]
Participation (10%) [Learning Outcomes 1-4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from: a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks: lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice; and b) 82 hours of independent studio practice, reading and writing.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Band 1
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery|
|7833||24 Jul 2017||31 Jul 2017||31 Aug 2017||27 Oct 2017||In Person|