- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Philosophy
- Minor code PHSC-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
This minor allows students to concentrate on issues posed for how we should understand ourselves and our situation relative to developments in science. Logic and Critical Thinking provide the student with analytical tools which the student will need in such investigations, while the other subjects involve issues concerning the character of scientific knowledge or problems posed by work in various particular areas of science.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Make sense of issues and closely analyse and critique arguments in areas related to science and scientific practice
- Develop cogent arguments and presentations, including engaging with detailed criticism of their ideas.
- Apply complex abstract ideas to real-world phenomena in a wide variety of fields and contexts.
This minor requires the completion of 24 units, which must include:
24 units from completion of the following course(s):
|MATH1042||Philosophy of the Cosmos||6|
|PHIL1005||Logic and Critical Thinking||6|
|PHIL2057||Philosophy of Science||6|
|PHIL2061||Philosophy of Mind||6|
|PHIL2082||Sex and Death: the Philosophy of Biology||6|
|PHIL2122||Philosophy and Public Policy||6|
|PHIL2123||Philosophy and Science Fiction||6|
|PHIL2124||Philosophy of Cognitive Science||6|
|PHIL2125||Rationality and Social Cooperation||6|
|PHIL2126||Science in Society: Ethics, Public Policy and Scientific Practice||6|
|PHIL2127||The Philosophy of Time||6|
|PHIL2128||Philosophy of Physics||6|
|PHIL3072||Advanced Analytic Philosophy||6|