- Code ACST4032
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Actuarial Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Bridget Browne
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
Assessment of solvency; analysis of experience; analysis of surplus; actuarial techniques in the wider fields, an introduction to professionalism.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Monitor and assess experience
- Determine an appropriate assumption set
- Apply relevant approaches and techniques to the valuation of liabilities
- Measure, report and manage solvency
- Understand the methods and implications of various approaches to profit measurement
- Understand the calculation of appraisal values
- Apply appropriate techniques to the pricing of products and contracts; and
- Manage the business and respond to the experience
- Assignment 1 - 15%
- Assignment 2 - 15%
- Final Exam - 70%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Four hours per week of lectures and/or tutorials plus private study time.
Professional actuarial course for the Honours year of Actuarial Studies Degree.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7294||21 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|