- Code ANTH6515
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Archaeology and Anthropology
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Anthropology
- Areas of interest Anthropology
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Identify and distinguish between different kinds of migration and migrant identity.
- Apply concepts learnt in the course to actual case studies of migration.
- Formulate arguments about specific instances of migration in a way that engages with contemporary debates among migration theorists.
- Recognise and critique stereotypes and myths about migrants.
- Conceptualise migration as a complex process involving individual and family decisions made in a broader social, cultural, political and economic context.
- Place migration in the broader context of contemporary globalisation.
Indicative AssessmentBy negotiation: 6,000 words.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadTwo hours of lectures and one hour of tutorial per week.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8886||21 Jul 2014||08 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|