The course comprises four main sections: reading/listening comprehension, grammar, conversation and writing. Within the classroom, communicative methodologies will be emphasised through activities including role-plays, games and exercises.
How to enrol into a course offered in a non-standard session (Summer Session, Autumn Session, Winter Session, Spring Session):
- Complete an Enrolment Variation Form available on the following website: http://students.anu.edu.au/manage/vary.php.
- You must include the Course Code, Class number and Semester/Session.
- If the course requires Convenor approval (Departmental consent), the Lecturer section must be signed by the appropriate Course Convenor prior to submitting the Form.
- Submit the Form in person to the CASS Student Office located in the Beryl Rawson Building 13, Ellery Crescent or online to email@example.com.
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for processing, and submit your request as early as possible prior to the commencement of the relevant session.
- You are advised to check ISIS for the outcome of your request after this period.
- Please take note of the Overload Policy which may apply if you are enrolling in a non-standard session.
If you have questions, please contacts the CASS Student Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class Presentation (Media watch, Cultural Activities) (30%)
Conversational Arabic - oral/aural tasks (10%)
Special Project: 1000 words written assignment (10%) and oral presentation (10%)
Final Exam - Oral (10%) and Written (30%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload consists of lectures, workshops and activities five days per week. The course will be held in an Arab country in the summer semester for a period of up to six weeks.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 12 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8672||01 Dec 2014||28 Nov 2014||12 Dec 2014||10 Jan 2015||In Person||N/A|