- Code ARTV1022
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Gilbert Riedelbauch
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
The course consists of several projects, each up to three weeks long, in which students will explore and apply a range of skills and conceptual issues relevant to all visual arts disciplines. It provides a forum to develop more specialised work. The course works with students on the development of two-dimensional and three dimensional representation, dealing with issues such as the human form, the dynamics of colour, design, composition and pictorial space.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with a range of processes, material uses and material properties and indicate a developing understanding of relationships between them in making art.
- Show familiarity with, and skill in, two and three-dimensional design and construction.
- Show an understanding of relevant historical traditions and conventions across art areas, and their relevance to contemporary art/digital media/craft/design practice.
- Demonstrate established observation and analytical skills of 2D and 3D form, anatomical study and composition, as well as imagination in execution of projects.
Portfolio of studio work 80% [Learning Outcomes 1-4]
Journal/documentation 10% [Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4]
Participation 10% [Learning Outcomes 1-4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
4 contact hours per week for 13 weeks. Students are expected to commit a further 6 hours of independent study per week over the semester (total 130 hours).
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Art to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8943||21 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|