- Code ARTV2420
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course provides an introduction to and exploration of processes of custom steel tool making. This includes punching/stamp making, cutting and carving tools. Occupational health and safety instruction is an integral part of this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Utilise skills relevant to steel tool making in response to Gold and Silversmithing Workshop projects;
- Explore material/s used in steel tool making projects
- Recognise relationships between concept and processes relevant to steel tool making;
- Identify historical and theoretical contexts relevant to Gold and Silversmithing Workshop projects
Indicative AssessmentPortfolio of studio work (80%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4]
Journal/Documentation/Studio (20%). [LOs 3 and 4]
Assessment includes periodic critique and review sessions that provide ongoing feedback on work in progress.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload4 hours per week lectures, tutorials, critiques and supervised studio practice and 6 hours per week independent studio practice.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students