- Code ECON2112
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Economics
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Economics
- Areas of interest Economics
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Timo Henckel
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
The course covers the same syllabus as Macroeconomics 2(P) with topics from the pass course being discussed in greater depth or with the addition of more advanced topics based on recent developments in macroeconomics.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Possess a coherent set of ideas for understanding macroeconomic phenomena and policy issues
2. Understand the assumptions, structure and micro-foundations of a macroeconomic model and understand its power and shortcomings
3. Formulate a relevant model and use such analytical tools in addressing a key macroeconomic question independently
4. Understand the different ways in which economic issues can be tackled
Students in this honours stream are expected to achieve a greater depth and breadth of understanding.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
As for the pass course plus additional assessment on the honours material.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Lectures and tutorials as for the pass course together with additional honours classes throughout the semester.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8227||21 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|