- Code ENGN8120
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Engineering
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Engineering
- Areas of interest Engineering
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
This course introduces a broad range of non-trivial techniques and approaches for modelling and simulation of dynamic engineering systems. Techniques include discrete event models; first- and second-order system models; time, frequency and state space relations; and feedback systems. These concepts are introduced through the modelling of electrical systems, mechanical systems, energy systems, control systems etc. Modelling software such as EXTENDSIM, Matlab and Simulink will be key tools in this course.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
After completing this course students will be expected to:
- implement a wide range of deterministic and probabilistic system models.
- demonstrate the relationship between discrete and continuous systems.
- illustrate simple properties of dynamic systems in both time and frequency domains.
- implement system models in Matlab.
- evaluate the appropriate modelling paradigm(s) to describe behaviour of real engineering systems.
Assignments (7x5% = 35%), major project (35%), and a final exam (30%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
100 hrs of which 35 hrs will be formally facilitated either online or face to face.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8506||21 Jul 2014||08 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|