- Code ENVS6301
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Fenner School of Environment and Society
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Environmental Science
- Areas of interest Geography, Interdisciplinary Studies - Sustainability, Resource Management and Environmental Science, Policy Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Offered in See Future Offerings
A preparatory workshop will be held 2-3 weeks prior to course commencement.
Note: Graduate students attend joint classes with later year undergraduate students but are assessed separately.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Critically evaluate a range of current international perspectives on biophysical, social and governance issues in climate change vulnerability, adaptation and mitigation (LO1)
- Critically appraise current international climate change negotiation processes, on the basis of observations (LO2)
- Critically evaluate the connections among diverse issues, approaches and international, national and sectoral perspectives in applying scientific knowledge to policy formulation for climate change adaptation and mitigation (LO3)
- Synthesise and critique information from a diverse range of written and oral sources on a self-selected theme/topic in the context of climate change science and policy, with application to their professional experience (LO4)
Biennial course. Not offered in 2014. Next offered in 2015.
- Essay on a theme relevant to the UNFCCC Conference (40%) (LO1-4)
- Presentation on live issues emerging during the UNFCCC Conference (30%) (LO1-4)
- Reflective learning journal, including critical appraisal of formal and informal media reporting of the UNFCCC Conference and its outcomes (30%) (LO1-4)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
30 contact hours, plus up to 100 hours of non-contact time. Contact hours are allocated across lectures, workshops, tutorials and presentations, including real-time interaction with participants in the UNFCCC Conference
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Fenner School of Environment and Society to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|1569||30 Nov 2015||06 Nov 2015||04 Dec 2015||21 Dec 2015||In Person||N/A|