- Code FREN3008
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject French
- Areas of interest European Languages
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Leslie Barnes
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
The course aims to equip students to understand and use French at an advanced level. A variety of texts and other materials, literary, journalistic and visual are used for comprehension, oral and written work.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Conduct analyses of socio-historical, theoretical or literary texts and contexts;
- Understand and use advanced linguistic and discourse structures in relation to these texts and contexts;
- Function effectively and confidently in French in a variety of situations;
- Engage in discussions about cultural, social and linguistic aspects of the French-speaking world.
Indicative AssessmentIn-class test (30%) [LOs 1, 2, 3]
Final essay 1500 words (30%) [LOs 1, 2, 3]
In-class presentation (30%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4]
Participation (preparing material and in-class activities) (10%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload3 contact hours and 7 hours of self-directed study per week for 13 weeks (total of 130 hours over the semester).
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsVaries depending on topic.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2096||17 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||30 May 2014||In Person||N/A|