- Code HIND3108
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Hindi
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Have significantly increased their proficiency in reading and writing Hindi-Urdu,
2. Have deepened their ability to discuss complex ideas about a given discipline or topic area.
3. Have gained substantial knowledge about that discipline/ area and ability to critically analyse texts within it.
4. Have demonstrated that they have read a significant number of the key sources about the about that discipline/ area that they have studied for the course.
5. Demonstrate generic skills, e.g., critical thinking, written and oral communication, research skills.
Four fortnightly reports - each 250 words - 20%
Four 10-minute oral tutorial Presentations - 10%
Final essay - 3500 words - 60%
Annotated Bibliography/translation - 10%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Fortnightly meetings with lecturer.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Culture History and Language to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Completion of Readings in South Asian Cultures HIND2108, or equivalent at a satisfactory level.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8208||21 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|