- Code ITAL6501
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Italian
- Areas of interest European Languages
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- communicate simply in daily contexts including describing people, places and daily routines
- comprehend written and multimedia texts describing people, places and aspects of Italian life and culture
- understand aspects of Italian society and culture
- appreciate Italy's geographical diversity and places of cultural, historical and artistic significance
- understand some basic linguistic features of the Italian language and relevant meta-linguistic terminology
- understand basic pragmatic aspects of the language
Class Tests (two writing/grammar, two reading/listening, one oral presentation) (70%) and one multimedia assignment (30%).
Graduate students may attend joint classes with undergraduates but assessment items will differ and have additional requirements.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload5 hours of classes.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3800||17 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||30 May 2014||In Person||N/A|