Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- the knowledge and skills to read critically a variety of texts (literary and visual)
- reflect upon, and discuss the development of the Italian language and literature
- have a thorough grasp of major literary and artistic texts and concepts from the middle Ages to the Renaissance
- apply this competence to research, analyse and interpret texts independently
- express themselves appropriately and accurately orally and in writing
Indicative AssessmentGraduate students may attend joint classes with undergraduates but can expect more rigorous assessment and additional assignment work, tailored to their interests.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
One hour of lecture and one hour of tutorial per week over 13 weeks plus 7 hours of seminars
Lectures will be taped.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students