- Code MATH3343
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Department of Mathematics
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Mathematics
- Areas of interest Mathematics
- Academic career UGRD
- Martin Ward
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
This is a special topics course which introduces students to the key concepts and techniques of:
First order logic
Axiomatisation of set theory
Godel's Incompleteness Theorem.
Note: This is an HPC. It emphasises mathematical rigour and proof.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Explain the fundamental concepts from the foundations of mathematics and its role in modern mathematics and applied contexts.
2. Demonstrate accurate and efficient use of logical and set theoretical techniques.
3. Demonstrate capacity for mathematical reasoning through analyzing, proving and explaining concepts from the foundations of mathematics.
Assessment will be based on:
- Assignments (100%; LO 1-3)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Offered in 2013 subject to staff availability and student demand.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5068||17 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||30 May 2014||In Person||N/A|