- Code STAT3015
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Statistics
- Areas of interest Statistics
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Bronwyn Loong
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
Course Description: This course is intended to introduce students to generalised linear modelling methods, with emphasis on, but not limited to, common methods for analyzing categorical data. Topics covered include a review of multiple linear regression and the analysis of variance, log-linear models for contingency tables, logistic regression for binary response data, Poisson regression, model selection and model checking, mixed effects models.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the role of generalised linear modelling techniques (GLMs) in modern applied statistics and implement methodology.
- Understand the underlying assumptions for GLMs and perform diagnostic checks; appreciate potential problems.
- Perform statistical analysis using statistical software in addition to learning the underlying theory and methodologies.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
- Assignment 1 - 10%
- Assignment 2 - 10%
- In Class Test - 10% (redeemable)
- Assignment 3 - 15%
- Final Exam - 55%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Three contact hours per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7267||21 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|