- Code THAI1002
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Thai
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Chintana Sandilands
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
First Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
(b) drill on basic syntatic patterns
(c) elementary conversation
(d) introduction to the Thai writing system
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By the completion of this unit the student will be able to:
• give, request and understand simple personal and biographical information
• give, request and understand simple directions about location
• give and follow simple instructions
• make simple transactions in shops, restaurants or other familiar institutions when the transaction does not involve negotiation of a problematic situation
• use simple communication strategies to ask for help with or repetition of unfamiliar words
• give basic description of physical ailments and treatment
• read some short, basic information texts in Thai
Oral tests during the semester (40%), written assignments (20%), written mid-semester and final exam (40%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Five hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
To be advised
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2824||17 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||30 May 2014||In Person||N/A|