- Code ANTH6005
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Archaeology and Anthropology
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Anthropology
- Areas of interest Anthropology
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:By participating fully in this course you should expect the following outcomes:
- An understanding of why Aboriginal societies and cultures have been so important in the history of European social theory
- A knowledge of the diversity of Indigenous societies and cultures prior to colonisation
- An understanding of the basic features of Indigenous economic, social and religious life and their interrelationship
- An appreciation of some fundamental concepts in anthropology and the debates around them
- An ability to assess much of the public discourse around Aboriginal culture
- Insight into the nature of the human condition
Indicative AssessmentBy negotiation but to involve 6000 words of writing
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadTwo hours of lectures and one hour of tutorial per week
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2018||24 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||06 Jun 2014||In Person||N/A|