- Code COMP1710
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Computer Science
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Visual Arts, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Design Arts More...
- Academic career UGRD
- Prof Tamas Gedeon
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and be able to develop and design interactive web sites including multimedia content by applying current web design principles, guidelines and heuristics.
- Apply a user-centred focus to the design and development of web sites.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accessibility, compliance with standards, privacy concerns and personalisation for web sites.
- Understand and be able to separately control the content, the appearance and the behaviour of web sites.
Laboratories (25%); Assignment (35%); Final Exam (40%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Thirty one-hour lectures and nine two-hour laboratory sessions
Cohen, June Everything we've learned about why sites succeed! New Riders, 2003
Barfield, Lon Interaction Design for Multimedia and the Web Addison Welsey, 2004
Areas of Interest
- Digital Arts
- Visual Arts
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Design Arts
- Advanced Computing
- IT in New Media
- Creative Arts
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2915||17 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||30 May 2014||In Person||N/A|