- Code PORT1002
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Portuguese
- Areas of interest European Languages
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Elisabeth Mayer
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
This course builds on Introductory Portuguese I and continues to develop more advanced listening, speaking, reading and writing skills as well as expanding cultural and traditional knowledge related to countries where Portuguese is spoken.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a more advanced knowledge of Portuguese grammar and lexicon.
2. Demonstrate fluent communicative skills that allow them to discuss a variety of topics confidently in Portuguese.
3. Read, comprehend and understand more complex literary and non-literary texts.
4. Write longer texts and short essays.
5. Show a deeper understanding of cultural and traditional practises
Tutorial participation 10% (LO 1,2,3,4,5)
Tutorial Oral exercises (recorded) 10% (LO 1,2,3,4,5)
Tutorial preparation written exercises 10% (LO 1,3,4,5)
Quizzes 40% (LO 1,2,3 )
Written assignments 10% (LO 1,3)
Oral exam 20% (LO 1,2,4,5)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
4 weekly online contact hours, and additionally 6 hours per week outside contact hours.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Through the Indiana link.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2039||24 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||06 Jun 2014||In Person||N/A|