- Code SPAN6509
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Latin American Languages, Language Studies, Latin American Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Elisabeth Mayer
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2014
See Future Offerings
This course aims to equip students to understand and use Spanish at an advanced level. A variety of literary, non-literary texts and films are used for comprehension, oral and written work.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On successful completion, the students' communicative skills should have:
- reached an advanced level that will enable them to function effectively and confidently in Spanish in a variety of contexts
- develop an understanding and appreciation of the Spanish lexical richness through movies and to understand the linguistic and cultural diversity
- explored the connections between film, society, history, culture, gender issues, and politics
- used advanced grammatical structures when expressing themselves in oral and written form
- engaged in debate about cultural aspects of the Hispanic world
Indicative AssessmentGraduate students may attend joint classes with undergraduates but can expect more rigorous assessment and additional assignment work, tailored to their interests.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8847||21 Jul 2014||08 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|