- Code STAT6043
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Statistics
- Areas of interest Actuarial Studies
This course develops actuarial techniques for the valuing of policies which depend on contingent events concerning uncertain lifetimes. Topics include principal forms of heterogeneity within a population and the ways in which selection can occur; definition of simple assurance and annuity contracts; development of formulae for means and variances of the present values of payments; evaluating expected values and variances of simple insurance and annuity contracts; description and calculation of net and gross premiums and provisions for various insurance contracts; and cash flow models and profit tests, extended to multiple decrements and multiple state models.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
The ability to demonstrate an understanding of and appropriately implement techniques to assess:
• Mortality and selection.
• Life assurance contracts and life annuity contracts.
• Evaluation of assurances and annuities.
• Reserves and policy values.
• Mortality profit and extra risk.
• Increasing insurances and with-profit policies.
• Increasing annuities and applications of reserves.
• Multiple life functions and insurances and annuities involving two or more lives.
• Contingent and reversionary benefits.
• Accounting for cash flows contingent on competing risks
• The formation and us of profit tests
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
- In-class quizzes - 10% (redeemable)
- Mid-Semester Exam - 20% (redeemable)
- Final exam - 70%, 80%, 90% or 100%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
See Course Outline: http://ecocomm.anu.edu.au/courses/outline/STAT6043.pdf
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8667||21 Jul 2014||08 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|