- Code ACST4031
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Actuarial Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Aaron Bruhn
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Insurance markets and products; underwriting and risk assessment; policy design; actuarial modelling; actuarial assumptions and feedback; reserving methods.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss and apply an actuarial control cycle in a variety of practical commercial situations
- Relate the main features within the general environment to medium and long-term commercial decisions
- Analyse the main features of the financial services marketplace including products and distribution channels
- Examine the need for, and impact of, regulation and government policy on medium and long-term commercial decisions
- Recognise the importance of capital
- Understand and apply an enterprise risk management framework to identify and assess the risks in a range of situations
- Select and build an appropriate model to solve client problems
- Discuss and apply the process of product design
- Apply the tests of professionalism
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
Mid semester exam (redeemable): 15%
Final Exam: 70%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Four hours per week of lectures and/or tutorials plus private study time.
Professional actuarial course for the Honours year of Actuarial Studies Degree.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|1780||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|