- Code ACST8061
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Rsch Sch of Finance, Actuarial Studies & App Stats
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Actuarial Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Timothy Higgins
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
This course aims to develop expertise in several aspects of Enterprise Risk Management including a thorough understanding of:
• practices and techniques for the management of risk, including control, mitigation, transfer, avoidance, and exploitation of risk opportunities
• the economic value added by sound ERM
• important regulation and regulatory capital requirements
with particularly strong skills in the financial aspects of risk management.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate application of risk management tools and techniques
- Calculate regulatory capital requirements for insurers and banks
- Understand how rating agencies incorporate risk management in determining ratings
- Implement and explain economic capital models within an organization.
The following is a proposed indicative assessment. All assessment will be compulsory.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Ten hours per week of combination of lectures, PC Lab sessions and/or tutorials plus private study time.
Requisite and Incompatibility
- The readings will be based on a mix of publicly available documents which can be accessed via the Wattle site, and text/s which will likely be chosen from the list proposed by the CERA Global Treaty.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3365||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|